CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

About Me

Hello, my name's Hannah and I'm a Freshman at Univeristy of Akron. I'm majoring in Sociology and minoring in Photography. I am taking this class, Sociology of Women in Global Society, because I feel the need to become aware of the plights of women all throughout the globe, not just in my local area. After graduating from Akron I hope to go to Graduate school for Sociology or Development/Peace Studies. I want to work with a non-profit or NGO, but also am interested in pursuing freelance photography especially in relation to photojournalism. The issues of economic inequality and social stratification especially interest me. I enjoy spending time with homeless people, getting to know them and becoming friends so that I can hopefully see what their true needs are, instead of just throwing a blanket their way. I also care about the issues facing our environment and the large part that Western countries play in this degredation. I just purchased a new(used) bicycle and I look forward to getting in good enough shape to bike most places so that I don't have to rely on automobiles! I look forward to all our class discussions and foresee a lot of changes occurring through the group of people in this class!

0 comments: