CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Comparison

Throughout my interactions with these two organizations I have encountered the same attitude of hope and the belief that sexual violence can and should be stopped!
Even though the RCC deals with rape and IJM deals with sex trafficking, these are both forms of exploitation of women. This exploitation stems from our patriarchal system of capitalism that is fueled by gendered domination and power.
Both organizations work directly with the individual that is affected and they do not work for their own profit.
I am intensely inspired by the individuals who have given their lives to these organizations and to the cause of eradicating sexual slavery and abuse of women worldwide. Despite the fact that these individuals do not have high paying jobs or wealthy lifestyles they are some of the most joyful and hopeful people I know. They are satisfied in their careers, more so than people I know that make millions per year. They have a wealth of love and compassion within them, instead of a wealth of capital resulting from exploitation.
This is what I want to do with my life and I will continue to look up to these organizations and individuals who are doing so much to end gender-based violence both locally and abroad!

0 comments: