CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Interactions with the RCC

Denise has been the main person who has taught me a lot about this organization and helped me understand more about sexual assault and the healing that can take place. Denise struck me with her passion and how much she seems to care about people. She asked me about my life and seemed interested in who I was and what I had experienced. I could ask her any question and she was adamant and tried to answer to the best of her abilities. She was knowledgeable on the subject and personable as well. Any time I have contacted the RCC I have been met by someone who cares deeply and is more than willing to help with any question or issue I might have.

The amazing attitude and feeling of hope I get from the staff has helped me feel more hopeful about the situation with sexual assault and violence against women. It helps to know that there are a lot of people out there willing to help and be supportive to each individual survivor. I am excited to experience more with this organization, I plan to attend support groups, and to continue to build relationships with the staff, hopefully in the future to lead to volunteer work with them.

0 comments: